Ten innovative Australian businesses will today share in $200,000 of funding to overcome barriers to commercialisation and take their technology to the next level.
The funding is through the Leap Vouchers program of the Liberal National Government’s Industry Growth Centre for the energy resources sector, NERA.
Minister for Industry, Science and Technology Karen Andrews said NERA’s program will help small to medium enterprises working with industry clients to customise and test technology solutions in the energy resources sector.
“NERA’s funding will support Australian businesses providing innovative technologies to access the domestic and global supply chains leading to increased revenues,” Minister Andrews said.
“The technologies of the successful funding recipients will improve operational efficiency, reduce the probability of workplace injuries and deliver digital solutions for monitoring multiple LNG facilities, to name a few.
“The Liberal National Government is committed to investing in technology capabilities for the future, and that extends to the work being done by these businesses in commercialising next-generation robots and cloud-based supercomputers.”
The ten Leap Vouchers recipients are:
- NEXXIS Pty Ltd for a new, leading-edge inspection called Magneto the Robotic Crawler. The crawler will reduce operational risks while enhancing safety performance and operational efficiency.
- Soter Analytics Pty Ltd for the SoterSpine Device which will reduce the probability of workplace injury by up to 70 per cent.
- Chironix Pty Ltd for the Husky Explorer Pro Edition Robot which once implemented will remove health and safety risks in challenging environments.
- AiSpanner for the Shutdown and Safety Planning Optimisation Application which will use advance visualisation, analytics and spatial intelligence.
- Subsea Integrity Management Solutions for the Oil and Gas Industry Cloud-Based System to utilise a web-based portal that links engineering companies to online supercomputing.
- Clearview Well Services for the dual function camera that can survey, clean, inspect and pressure test subsea equipment.
- A60N Pty Ltd which has developed a range of the Subsea Deposit Management Systems, a variety of critical subsea equipment interfaces.
- Flicq Asia-Pacific for the suite of monitoring sensors that can remotely monitor anti-surge valves on LNG plants 24/7.
- IRPM Pty Ltd for the 3D Reservoir Petrophysical Modelling alternative prediction process.
- Modulr Tech for the Intelligent Reporting system allowing more streamlined reporting and more informed decision making.
NERA is one of six Growth Centres established by the Liberal National Government under the Industry Growth Centres Initiative, aimed at helping businesses commercialise their ideas to grow our economy and boost job creation.