Australians who are celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.
Who is eligible for a congratulatory message?
- The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age or more.
- The Queen and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday.
- On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and The Queen will write again every five years following the 100th Birthday.
- The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries.
- The Queen will send messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.
Congratulatory Messages Eligibility
|50th Wedding Anniversary||50th plus Wedding Anniversary||90th Birthday||90th plus Birthday|
|Governor-General||Yes||Yes||No||100th and every year thereafter|
|The Queen||No||60th and every fifth year thereafter||No||100th and every fifth year thereafter|
How do I arrange the message?
You can arrange a congratulatory message through Karen Andrews MP’s office by:
- Calling the office on 07 5580 9111; or
- Visiting the electorate office at 47 Watts Drive, Varsity Lakes; or
- Completing the submission form below.
If you are applying for a message on behalf of a relative or friend who lives in another electorate, their local Federal Member will be notified so they can send a message too.
You will need to provide supporting documentation such as birth certificates or marriage certificates.
If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office.
Supporting documentation in the form of a statutory declaration can be posted to PO Box 409 Varsity Lakes, 4227 or hand delivered to 47 Watts Drive, Varsity Lakes. Supporting documentation in original form such as birth certificates or marriage certificates must be hand delivered to 47 Watts Drive, Varsity Lakes.
Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and The Queen so you only have to make one application.
When should I arrange the message?
You can lodge a request for congratulatory messages up to two months before the celebration.
You can also request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.
Where will the message be delivered?
Congratulatory messages can be posted directly to the recipient’s home address or alternatively to care-of address (such as a friend or relative) for surprises.
Please fill in the form below to request a congratulatory message: